AAPA’s Annual Awards – the port industry’s foremost recognition program – are designed to highlight premier best practices throughout the Western Hemisphere. Just as AAPA has refreshed its brand to reflect a new era, the association’s awards have been reimagined as well. Renamed the AAPA Lighthouse Awards, our goal is to recognize the best port programs and projects that stand as a beacon of excellence across the industry. Now incorporated into one prestigious awards program, the Lighthouse Awards will acknowledge excellence in four disciplines:
2. Environmental Improvement
3. Facilities Engineering
4. Information Technology
AAPA will begin accepting entries on May 1, 2021, for all categories and will close the application period on June 1, 2021. Judges will evaluate nominations and present the Lighthouse Awards of Excellence at the AAPA Annual Convention & Expo, September 26-29 in Austin, TX. Review the steps below and begin preparing your submissions!
1. Review application guidelines via the individual Submittable links above to become familiar with nomination criteria such as eligibility, project timeframe, required and supplementary materials.
2. Speak with your port leadership and determine which organizational accomplishments you will highlight in your awards applications.
3. Gather all the information needed for your application. Reports, data, pictures, graphs, and other visuals help tell the story of your project to competition judges. Remember to complete the 2021 PowerPoint slide template.
4. Submit full application and pay application fee online through the above links by the deadline June 1, 2021.