With the departure of Mary Beth Long after more than two decades of exceptional service, AAPA has taken the opportunity to re-imagine its organizational structure to better support the key tenets of its mission:
- World class seminars and events
- Platinum standard professional development and accreditation programs
- Accelerated membership and sponsorship growth
- Forward-leaning federal advocacy
In line with the ambition to enhance its executional capabilities across the above spectrum, AAPA is pleased to announce the following organizational changes effective immediately:
- Cary Davis is promoted to Vice President, Government Relations and General Counsel. Reporting to Cary will be Jim Walker, Derek Miller, Ian Gansler, and a soon-to-be-recruited Manager of Strategic Advocacy position.
- Marketing and Communications will be folded under Kevin Traver and his newly retitled position of Vice President, Business Development.
- Jen Wilk has a new title, Director of Corporate Communications and Marketing, and will now report to Kevin. She will focus her skills and experience on building out AAPA’s brand projection, actively supporting membership recruitment and engagement efforts, and driving event marketing and other association offerings.
- Renita Gross is promoted to Director, Event Planning and Data Operations. In this elevated role, Renita will also continue to oversee AAPA’s database and reports to Kevin Traver.
- Devin Stubbs is promoted to Manager, Professional and Workforce Development. In this capacity, Devin will oversee AAPA’s certification and accreditation programs, partnerships with IAMPE and Lamar University, the DOL ACCELerate grant program, and act as staff liaison to the Professional Development Board and will report to Chris Connor.