AAPA’s application portal for its recognized Port Professional Manager (PPM®) is open! The PPM program is designed for aspiring leaders and professionals in port management and offers a unique opportunity to gain the knowledge and skills needed to achieve their professional goals.
Established in 1995, the PPM program has trained over 160 leaders, and many PPM graduates are now in executive positions at our ports and supply chain organizations. Currently, AAPA also has more than 40 active PPM candidates working through the program.
How to Apply for the PPM Program
- Visit the PPM Echo Cohort application page.
- Review the program details, curriculum, and admission requirements.
- Complete the online application form.
- Submit all required documents, including resume, job description, letters of recommendation, and a personal statement.
- Pay the application fee.
- Await notification of your acceptance into the program.
Key Highlights of the PPM Program
- Comprehensive Curriculum – Offers a robust curriculum that covers a wide range of topics essential for effective port management. From maritime finance and supply chain logistics to environmental sustainability and community engagement, you’ll gain a better understanding of the multifaceted aspects of the industry.
- Experienced Instructors – Learn from industry experts, top executives, and leading academics who bring real-world experience and knowledge to the classroom. You’ll have the opportunity to interact with professionals who have a profound impact on the port industry.
- Networking Opportunities – Connect with a diverse group of professionals, fellow students, and alumni, expanding your professional network and building lifelong relationships. The program fosters a supportive community of like-minded individuals.
- Personalized Guidance – Receive one-on-one guidance and mentorship to help you chart your career path and reach your professional goals. Our dedicated mentors are committed to your success.
The application period is open from November 7, 2023, to January 7, 2024. Be sure to submit your application before the deadline to secure your spot in this highly competitive program. Only 30 individuals are selected to participate each year. Applications will be reviewed by AAPA’s Professional Development Board Members and notifications of acceptance to the program will be issued in February 2024.